This kit has the essentials for the wildland firefighter who chooses the Bendix King DPH radio (typically US Forest Service and their contranctors).
What Is Included?
(1) Bendix King - DPHX5102X - handheld portable two-wayradio. This is the Gold Standard among veteran US Forest Service wildland firefighters. This radio is field proven and stood the test of time.
(1) Miner Mic - AADPHSPMMR3 - Ruggedized Speaker Mic. This speaker mic is loaded with features and Miner Mic offers a 2 year warranty on their speaker mics, that is twice the warranty of any other speaker mic we sell.
(1) Bendix King - LAA0813 - 16 Inch Whip Antenna. This antenna has above average performance and exceptional durability at a low price point.
(2) BadAss - BADPHCSBABS - BadAss Black "AA" Battery Clamshell. Finding power to plug a charger into on a wildland incident is often a challenge, which is why the US Forest Service brings AA batteries for these clamshells. This is the most cost effective and often the most convenient way to go. We include two of these clamshells, because the USFS requires two power sources for your radio.
(1) 49er Communications - PADPHPT9RKC - Metal Keypad Cover, brings your total cost of ownership down, by keeping your radio out of the shop. If your keypad gets damaged, you might consider the cost of a new keypad and the install cost, but do not forget to consider the cost of lost productivity. This inexpensive keypad cover is insurance against those expensive repairs.
(1) Bendix King - LAA0701 - Programming plug. This device is the simplest and most cost effective solution to safely put your radio into field programming mode, so that you can program your radio from the keypad.
(1) Bendix King - LAA0400 - Steel Belt Clip. Durable steel and a simple design, this clip is built to last.
How It Works:
Select your radio based on your department requirements or the department(s) which you are contracting with or if you already have your radio order just the accessories.
Why You Need It:
USFS personell and their contractors alike need the necessities to be able to operate like a pro on a wildland incident, but not just any kit will do you need rugged time tested gear that will hold up and give you a proven value. That is why we put this DPH Wildland Necessity Kit together. This kit provides the perfect balance of rugged performance in any environment andaffordability to give you the lowest total cost of ownership.